Instagram Is Growing Faster Than Ever
While Twitter celebrated growing its active audience by 9 million people in the first quarter of 2017, Instagram did a little celebrating of its own. The image-sharing platform owned by Facebook announced that it now has 700 million active users, more than twice the number of Twitter users.
What’s most impressive though, is the pace at which Instagram continues to grow. The app reached 600 million users as recently as December 2016 and it only took four months for it to reach the next milestone. Never before has Instagram added 100 million users in such a short time span. At this rate, it only seems like a matter of time before Instagram becomes Facebook’s next user billionaire. With WhatsApp, Messenger and the company’s namesake social network, Facebook already has three platforms with more than a billion users.
Analysts are now impatiently waiting for Snap’s first quarterly earnings report to be released in early May. Considering the success of Instagram Stories and the momentum that carried Instagram to 700 million users, one can’t help but wonder if Snapchat stands a chance in the long run.
- Share of Instagram users in Finland 2016, by frequencyShare of Instagram users in Finland 2016, by frequency
- Share of Instagram users in Finland 2015, by age group and genderShare of Instagram users in Finland 2015, by age group and gender
- Instagram accounts with the most followers worldwide 2017Instagram accounts with the most followers worldwide 2017
- U.S. weekly use of Instagram and Snapchat Stories 2016U.S. weekly use of Instagram and Snapchat Stories 2016
- Number of monthly active Instagram users 2013-2017Number of monthly active Instagram users 2013-2017
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2017Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2017
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Instagram: video and image post user interactions 2016, by profile sizeInstagram: video and image post user interactions 2016, by profile size
- Ranking of the largest web shops in Sweden in 2017, by revenueRanking of the largest web shops in Sweden in 2017, by revenue
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl