Best & Worst U.S. States to Fill Up
Prices for gasoline are volatile because of the ever shifting price for crude, which still makes up the biggest share of the gas price (45 percent, 2016 average). However, prices also vary across the United States. Often, greater costs are justified by greater expenses for transportation and distribution, also gas taxes can vary by state.
As our infographic shows, for the time being, Hawaii tops the list of the high-cost states, as it generally has a high cost of living, high gas taxes and high transportation costs. It's cheapest to fill your tank in South Carolina, according to GasBuddy.
- Unleaded gasoline price in South Korea 2015-2016Unleaded gasoline price in South Korea 2015-2016
- Gasoline price per liter in selected countries - March 2017Gasoline price per liter in selected countries - March 2017
- Consumer prices consumer forecasts in Belgium 2016-2017Consumer prices consumer forecasts in Belgium 2016-2017
- Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. April 2017Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. April 2017
- Monthly percentage of change in the Consumer Price Index (CPI-U) in the U.S. 2016/17Monthly percentage of change in the Consumer Price Index (CPI-U) in the U.S. 2016/17
- United States - monthly inflation rate in April 2017United States - monthly inflation rate in April 2017
- Monthly inflation rate in China April 2017Monthly inflation rate in China April 2017
- Number of executions in the United States 2014-2017Number of executions in the United States 2014-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl