Windows Phone is Doing Quite Well in Europe
As opposed to BlackBerry, which appears to have given up on the consumer smartphone market, Microsoft seems willing to stick it out with Windows Phone. And, according to Kantar Worldpanel's most recent smartphone sales data, there might still be hope for the mobile version of the world's most popular operating system.
Between June and August, Windows Phone devices accounted for almost ten percent of smartphone sales in the five largest EU markets, up from just five percent a year earlier. In Germany, one of the most important European markets, Windows Phone even challenged iOS for the position behind the undisputed market leader Android.
In the United States and especially in Asia, the situation still looks grim for Windows Phone though. Microsoft's market share in the U.S. increased only marginally from 2.6 to 3.0 percent since last year, and in China it even decreased by 2.6 percent points.
- Global market share forecast of smartphone operating systems 2011-2015Global market share forecast of smartphone operating systems 2011-2015
- Smartphone operating system sales market share in Germany 2016Smartphone operating system sales market share in Germany 2016
- Mobile operating systems: market share in Czech Republic 2010-2016Mobile operating systems: market share in Czech Republic 2010-2016
- Commercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2017, by modelCommercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2017, by model
- China: production of cell phones by month February 2017China: production of cell phones by month February 2017
- Motorcycle sales in China by month February 2017Motorcycle sales in China by month February 2017
- Car production in China 2008-2017Car production in China 2008-2017
- World pharmaceutical market distribution by submarket 2014-2016World pharmaceutical market distribution by submarket 2014-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl