St. Patrick’s Day is Big Business in the United States
While Ireland gears up to celebrate St. Patrick’s weekend, preparations are also underway on the other side of the Atlantic. An estimated 39.6 million Americans claim Irish heritage, almost 7 times Ireland’s population.
St. Patrick’s Day has been getting increasingly popular in the United States with 56 percent of the population celebrating in 2013 with parades, parties and pints. Back in 2009, that figure was just 44 percent. Collectively, Americans spend an impressive $4.7 billion on St. Patricks day every year, approximately $35.27 per person.
- Percentage of justice system expenditure in the United States 2009, by statePercentage of justice system expenditure in the United States 2009, by state
- U.S. household expenditure on hair care products 2007-2015U.S. household expenditure on hair care products 2007-2015
- U.S. household expenditure on cleansing, toilet tissue, paper towels, napkins 2015U.S. household expenditure on cleansing, toilet tissue, paper towels, napkins 2015
- Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. February 2017Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. February 2017
- U.S. Producer Price Index (PPI) for commodities: February 2017U.S. Producer Price Index (PPI) for commodities: February 2017
- Monthly percentage of change in the Consumer Price Index (CPI-U) in the U.S. 2016/17Monthly percentage of change in the Consumer Price Index (CPI-U) in the U.S. 2016/17
- United States - monthly inflation rate in February 2017United States - monthly inflation rate in February 2017
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl