St. Patrick’s Day is Big Business in the United States
While Ireland gears up to celebrate St. Patrick’s weekend, preparations are also underway on the other side of the Atlantic. An estimated 39.6 million Americans claim Irish heritage, almost 7 times Ireland’s population.
St. Patrick’s Day has been getting increasingly popular in the United States with 56 percent of the population celebrating in 2013 with parades, parties and pints. Back in 2009, that figure was just 44 percent. Collectively, Americans spend an impressive $4.7 billion on St. Patricks day every year, approximately $35.27 per person.
- Retail prices of diesel fuel - United States monthly 2015-2016Retail prices of diesel fuel - United States monthly 2015-2016
- Percentage of justice system expenditure in the United States 2009, by statePercentage of justice system expenditure in the United States 2009, by state
- U.S. household expenditure on hair care products 2007-2014U.S. household expenditure on hair care products 2007-2014
- Proportions of economic sectors in GDP in selected countries 2015Proportions of economic sectors in GDP in selected countries 2015
- Unemployment rates in major industrial and emerging countries 2015Unemployment rates in major industrial and emerging countries 2015
- Retail sales of household appliances and consumer electronics China June 2016Retail sales of household appliances and consumer electronics China June 2016
- China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region June 2016China: monthly Consumer Price Index (CPI) by region June 2016
- Global number of internet users 2005-2016Global number of internet users 2005-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens