Which Country Carried Out The Most Executions In 2013?
Amnesty International compiles annual reports on the number of executions worldwide but China has been absent from its list since 2009 due to difficulties obtaining precise figures. However, the Dui Hua Foundation, a US-based rights group, has released an insight into something Beijing considers a state secret, placing the number of executions in 2013 at 2,400. China executes more people every year than the rest of the world combined and 2013's number marks a 20 percent increase on 2012.
After China, the Middle East is the globe's premier hotspot for the death penalty. Three countries - Iran, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, accounted for 95 percent of the region's 638 executions last year. Iran put the most people to death - 369. Iraq followed with 169 while Saudi Arabia executed 79. The United States comes fifth overall, executing 39 people in 2013.
- Number of executions worldwide in 2015Number of executions worldwide in 2015
- Rare earth production - China and worldwide 2013-2018Rare earth production - China and worldwide 2013-2018
- Leading real estate companies in China 2015, by sales revenueLeading real estate companies in China 2015, by sales revenue
- United States - monthly inflation rate in February 2017United States - monthly inflation rate in February 2017
- China: weekly box office revenue - March 6 to March 12, 2017China: weekly box office revenue - March 6 to March 12, 2017
- Motorcycle sales in China by month February 2017Motorcycle sales in China by month February 2017
- Motorcycle production in China by month February 2017Motorcycle production in China by month February 2017
- Vehicle sales in China 2008-2017Vehicle sales in China 2008-2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl