Which Country Carried Out The Most Executions In 2013?
Amnesty International compiles annual reports on the number of executions worldwide but China has been absent from its list since 2009 due to difficulties obtaining precise figures. However, the Dui Hua Foundation, a US-based rights group, has released an insight into something Beijing considers a state secret, placing the number of executions in 2013 at 2,400. China executes more people every year than the rest of the world combined and 2013's number marks a 20 percent increase on 2012.
After China, the Middle East is the globe's premier hotspot for the death penalty. Three countries - Iran, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, accounted for 95 percent of the region's 638 executions last year. Iran put the most people to death - 369. Iraq followed with 169 while Saudi Arabia executed 79. The United States comes fifth overall, executing 39 people in 2013.
- Number of executions worldwide in 2015Number of executions worldwide in 2015
- Leading real estate companies in China 2015, by sales revenueLeading real estate companies in China 2015, by sales revenue
- Number of executions in the United States 2014-2016Number of executions in the United States 2014-2016
- Number of international tourist arrivals worldwide 2005-2015, by regionNumber of international tourist arrivals worldwide 2005-2015, by region
- Leading casino companies worldwide in 2015, by revenueLeading casino companies worldwide in 2015, by revenue
- Yield on ten-year government bonds of selected countries 2016Yield on ten-year government bonds of selected countries 2016
- China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area June 2016China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area June 2016
- Passenger car sales in China 2008-2016*, by modelPassenger car sales in China 2008-2016*, by model
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens