This chart shows the percentage of revenue the U.S. music industry generates from digital music distribution, namely downloads and streaming services.
This chart shows how women are portrayed as part of the working world in movies.
This chart illustrates how Apple's stock price reacted in the past after Apple had unveiled a new product, such as the original iPhone in 2007.
This chart illustrates the positive effect that the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge had on ALS awareness around the world.
Countries where the highest number of journalists have been killed in 2014.
This chart shows the growth of Tencent's instant messaging and social media platforms.
This chart shows the most popular social media apps among U.S. millennials in June 2014.
This chart shows how Americans' use of screen media has changed between the first quarter of 2013 and the first quarter of 2014.
This chart shows a breakdown of new HIV infections in 2013, by country.
This chart breaks down smartphone sales in four major markets between March and May 2014, by operating system.
This chart shows how people plan to use their smartphones to follow the world cup.
This chart compares the monthly data consumption of potential cord-cutters with that of average broadband subscribers in the United States.
This chart shows the reach of social networks among Americans aged 18 to 29 years.
This chart illustrates that Twitter's user growth is decelerating rather quickly.
This chart shows the growth of average time spent per day with major media by U.S. adults.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl