Easter 2017 Is Expected To Bring Record U.S. Spending
According to the National Retail Federation's annual survey on Easter spending, Americans are going to splurge a record $18.4 billion this year. That's a 6 percent increase on 2016's $17.3 billion. This year's holiday falls later than last year, a key reason for the uptake in expenditure. Consumers have a whole extra month to purchase chocolate eggs, cards and decorations, as well as warmer weather to look forward to.
81.3 percent of people in the U.S. plan to celebrate the holiday this year with individual spending amounting to $152 on average. As expected, candy is going to be at the top of everyone's shopping list with 89 percent of Americans saying they plan to buy some. Interestingly, people still prefer shipping at bricks and mortar stores for all their Easter needs. This year, 58.3 percent of consumers will shop at a discount store compared to just 26.8 percent who will shop online.
- Retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by food and non-foodRetail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by food and non-food
- Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2011-2015Online retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2011-2015
- Retail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by sectorRetail spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013, by sector
- Media advertising expenditure in Germany 2017, by typeMedia advertising expenditure in Germany 2017, by type
- IT services global spending forecast 2008-2021IT services global spending forecast 2008-2021
- Telecom services: global spending forecast 2008-2021Telecom services: global spending forecast 2008-2021
- Global IT spending forecast 2005-2021Global IT spending forecast 2005-2021
- IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl