Premium
Premium statistics

Industry-specific and extensively researched technical data (partially from exclusive partnerships).

A paid subscription is required for full access.

How important is each of the following sources of information to you?*

Exclusive Premium Statistic

Online information sources ranked by importance in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015 This statistic displays the findings of a survey on the importance of online information sources to users in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2015. During the survey period, it was found that 67 percent of respondents reported search engines as a "very important" information source. Additionally, a share of another 27 percent of people stated that search engines are fairly important. This is a combined share of 94 percent of users who rate search engines as important. Between professional reviews and website user reviews the latter were rated very important by a share of internet users that was 18 percent bigger than the share that rated professional reviewer's opinions as very important.
Show more
Very importantFairly important
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
Very importantFairly important
---
---
---
---
---
---
---
Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Premium Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1.5m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Premium Account

only $49 / month *
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$588 / Year

View price details

Exclusive Premium statistic

You need a Premium Account for unlimited access.

  • Full access to 1.5m statistics

  • Incl. source references

  • Available to download in PNG, PDF, XLS format

Premium Account

only $49 / month *
*Duration: 12 months, billed annually, single license

Access to this and all other statistics on 80,000 topics from

$588 / Year

View price details

Download Settings Share
Chart type
Datalabels
Share on Social Media
Download started
Please be patient - this may take a moment

Description

Source

More information

This statistic displays the findings of a survey on the importance of online information sources to users in the United Kingdom (UK) in 2015. During the survey period, it was found that 67 percent of respondents reported search engines as a "very important" information source. Additionally, a share of another 27 percent of people stated that search engines are fairly important. This is a combined share of 94 percent of users who rate search engines as important. Between professional reviews and website user reviews the latter were rated very important by a share of internet users that was 18 percent bigger than the share that rated professional reviewer's opinions as very important.
Show more
Release date
April 2016
Region
United Kingdom
Survey time period
September to October 2015
Number of respondents
1,609 respondents
Age group
16 years and older
Special properties
adults who go online at home or elsewhere who use each source.
Method of interview
Computer-assisted personal interviews (CAPI)
Supplementary notes
* The original survey question was: "Please use this card to say how important each of the following sources of information are to you..."
More information
Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $588 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.
This statistic is not included in your account!

Premium Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$49 / Month *

Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

Send request

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax.
Leading companies trust Statista:
paypalgoogleadobepgsamsungtelekom
Related Studies: Available to Download in PDF or PPTX Format
Search engines in the United Kingdom (UK)
Search engines in the United Kingdom (UK)

All Information
in one Presentation

Search engines in the United Kingdom (UK)

Everything On "Search engines in the United Kingdom (UK)" in One Document: Edited and Divided into Handy Chapters. Including Detailed References.

I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp

Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation

Statistics on "Search engines in the United Kingdom (UK)"
  • Overview
  • Search engine usage
The most important statistics
  • Search engine marketshares
  • Google
Need help with using Statista for your research? Tutorials and first steps
Further Content: Statistics, Studies, and Topic Pages
Statistics on the topic
Topics
About Statista
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.
Request webinar
Do you have any questions about our business solutions?

We provide you with detailed information about our Corporate Account.

News
News