Valentine's Day In the United States 2015
Is Valentine's Day really about love? These days, February 14th seems to be all about money, and few places come close to the United States when it comes to Valentine's Day spending. This year, the average American will spend $142.31, significantly higher than $102.50 in 2009. In 2015, Valentine's Day sales are expected to reach a whopping $19 billion.
Men are going to spend almost twice as much as women this weekend. People will splash out $4.8 billion on jewelry, $4.6 billion on date nights and $2.1 billion on candy. Valentine's Day isn't just for couples. 21.2 percent of Americans will spend a grand total of $703 million on their pets!
- Spending for Valentine's Day gifts for spouses 2007-2016Spending for Valentine's Day gifts for spouses 2007-2016
- Valentine's Day total spending in Great Britain 2015-2016Valentine's Day total spending in Great Britain 2015-2016
- Valentine's Day spending in the United States 2004-2016Valentine's Day spending in the United States 2004-2016
- U.S. disposable personal income - monthly percentage of change 2016/17U.S. disposable personal income - monthly percentage of change 2016/17
- Consumer Sentiment Index in the U.S. April 2016-2017Consumer Sentiment Index in the U.S. April 2016-2017
- Consumer confidence in China March 2017Consumer confidence in China March 2017
- China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area March 2017China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area March 2017
- Increased health risks through smoking in the U.S. 2014Increased health risks through smoking in the U.S. 2014
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl