Tumblr – further information Founded in February 2007, Tumblr is a microblogging website and social media platform that is now owned by Yahoo. The website allows users to post images, videos, links and other media content to a short-form blog. Users can follow each other as well as access and post blog content via the platform’s user dashboard. As of January 2018, over 157 billion Tumblr posts have been generated on the social network. The social network accounts for less than two percent of total social media website visits in the United States, and has a user base consisting mainly of teen and young adult internet users. Despite the relatively low audience reach, Tumblr is a popular platform for online fandom discussions regarding music, movies and TV shows. Similar to Instagram, Tumblr is also set to take advantage of social media marketing by providing an ideal platform for visually-oriented brands in the retail and media sector. However, Tumblr adoption among marketers has been slow, and as such, Tumblr remains a niche marketing channel.
Leading companies trust Statista:
Related Studies: Available to Download in PDF or PPTX Format
in one Presentation
Everything On "Tumblr" in One Document: Edited and Divided into Handy Chapters. Including Detailed References.
Statista has been my savior on several occasions. The site is easy to maneuver and the data is in a format that can go right into a report or presentation.
Vice President, Hearst Magazines
Statistics on "Tumblr"
- Cumulative total of Tumblr blogs from May 2011 to April 2018 (in millions)Cumulative total of Tumblr blogs 2011-2018
- Cumulative total of Tumblr posts between May 2011 and April 2018 (in billions)Cumulative total of Tumblr posts 2011-2018
- U.S. customer satisfaction with social media sites in 2017 (index score)ACSI - U.S. customer satisfaction with social media sites 2017
- Most popular social networks worldwide as of April 2018, ranked by number of active users (in millions)Global social networks ranked by number of users 2018
- Global active usage penetration of leading social networks as of February 2017Most popular social networks worldwide 2017, by reach
- Penetration of leading social networks in the United States as of 3rd quarter 2017United States: social network penetration Q3 2017
- Reach of selected social networks in the United States as of February 2017U.S. usage reach of leading social networks 2017
- Most popular social networks of teenagers in the United States from fall 2012 to fall 2017Preferred social networks of U.S. teens 2012-2017
- Regional distribution of desktop traffic to Tumblr.com as of March 2018, by countryDistribution of Tumblr traffic 2018, by country
- Distribution of Tumblr users in the United States as of December 2016, by age groupTumblr: distribution of U.S. users 2016, by age
- Percentage of U.S. internet users who use Tumblr as of January 2018, by genderTumblr usage reach in the United States 2018, by gender
- Number of Tumblr users in the United States from 2014 to 2020 (in millions)Tumblr: number of U.S. users 2014-2020
- Annual Tumblr user growth in the United States from 2014 to 2020U.S. Tumblr user development 2014-2020
- Tumblr usage penetration in the United States from 2014 to 2020Tumblr: reach in the United States 2014-2020
- Average daily time spent with selected social networks among selected social media users worldwide as of 2nd quarter 2016 (in minutes)Daily social media access of social media users 2016
- Tumblr usage frequency of active users worldwide as of 3rd quarter 2015Tumblr: global usage frequency 2015
- Distribution of global social content sharing activities as of 2nd quarter 2016, by social networkContent sharing: leading social networks worldwide 2016
- Most popular daily social media activities of consumers in the United States as of January 2016, by deviceDaily social media activities of U.S. adults 2016, by device
- Usage of selected social media apps during the planning of everyday activities according to users in the United States as of October 2015Social media usage during everyday activity planning by U.S. users 2015
- Usage of selected social media apps during the planning of everyday activities according to Millennial users in the United States as of October 2015Social media usage during everyday activity planning by U.S. Millennials 2015
- Types of personal information and images shared digitally by global internet users as of January 2017Leading digitally shared content worldwide 2017